Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Missionary Funnies

Are you ready for this?  I'm telling on myself, and us.  I wanted to share with you some funny things that have happened since I've been back in Ethiopia...  :) 

1.  "Don't light my hair."  When the lights went out and I was trying to light a match to light a candle, Kelkias says, "Don't light my hair."

2.  Flooding the guest house kitchen doing laundry.  Somehow the plumbing was loose.  Floor's clean.  After teaching Noah's Ark in Sunday School, "I think we have a leak."

3.  Smelling pot at the doctor's office.  Here, this will make you feel better...  Wow.  (That's bad, and that is not how they treat the sick by the way...)

4.  Being asked for my phone number, email, and if I'm married or single by a Mormon wearing shades.  China, ferengi, I love you.  Oy... 

5.  Trying to sew a baby's blanket with a sewing machine made more for man power than electricity (as electricity is not always stable here).  Niguse got on the floor to push the pedal to make the bobbin.  Ha, oh - fun times.  We laughed together.  Oh and the needle broke.  Oops.

6.  Two words:  donkey stampede.

That's all I can come up with for now but I'm sure more will happen.  Ciao!  (Bye!)

No comments:

Post a Comment