Thursday, October 9, 2014

Kisses for Jamie - this is my real life.

My heart is so full, full to overflowing.  Don't misunderstand me - I miss my family and friends in the States while I am away serving Jesus among the Habesha, but good grief...  Its moments like these that I am beyond words.

Perhaps you've read previous posts about my buddies Dawit and Mulugeta, the boys with medical needs and in need of clothing and Dawit's need for schooling. 



If not, you may read it by clicking this link:  Will you provide for Dawit and Mulugeta?

While taking care of medical needs and the boys healing from severe allergies/colds, I got to spend an afternoon shopping for clothes for these two families!




Share with me the joy of seeing these transformations.


Thanks for giving so these kiddos can have the things they need.  We are still praying for doors to open so that Dawit can attend school.  But, God's light has been shining brightly on these families, and when I told them this all happened because of Yesus Kristos (Jesus Christ), they are coming to the church (MKC) where I teach Sunday School this coming Sunday. 

I asked them if they were believers, if they had Jesus inside their hearts, but translation at the time of delivery of these items was difficult because our Bajaj driver, (the only one with me at the time) who is still learning English, had difficulty understanding me.  (I'm finding out as I write this from Kelkias and showing him pictures of the clothes he helped me pick out that they are not believers, so be praying with me that before they leave this property that is MKC, that they run to Jesus and enter a relationship with Him).  Oh my goodness. 

After surprising them with these clothes, I received so many kisses on the cheek, so many "I love you, we love you" and the mom even kissed my feet.  Kisses for Jamie - this is my real life.  So, thanks for giving to Jesus, as there are many without, and ultimately searching for something, searching for someone, searching for Jesus and they do not even know He is the answer.

HE is the answer.

     


No comments:

Post a Comment