Sunday, February 22, 2015

Trust in the Lord.

 
 
There are days when you just lay in the snow, stare at the blue-musky-cloudy sky above you, remember being blanketed by a clear sky of stars as you were nearing your sleep to the listen of tiny running baring feet in the street below the verandah you were laying on, in a country you love that is halfway across the planet from where you are now (you were soaking in these last moments knowing this day of coming back earlier than thought may soon come), and you breathe in, create joy in the moment you're in, permit yourself to laugh at yourself as you flap your arms and move your legs to make the silly snow vision-ed angel you're making now, and you are glad to have lived it.

Today is one of those days.
 
I don't know what is happening in life.
 
I smile at Him, though my heart breaks, curl myself up as I am completely stretched out on this cold earth, and I dare ask why my life is so hard. I'm reminded of Paul and his journeys and how he had to tear himself away.
 
My latest journal find during a trip to Wally was a God-thing. It was the only one on the shelf, it happens to be my color, and the cover is just timely in this season of transition.



 
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding."
- Proverbs 3:5

No comments:

Post a Comment