Monday, February 16, 2015

Transitioning: prayers, gratitude, and a fro.


Let there be laughter - among this VERY cold snow (5 inches of it and counting I've heard).  ;)  I took my braids out last night and ended up with my first fro ever!!  (It took me over an hour to take them out!) 




My sister says I'm just bringing back the 90s.  :)  80s?  Lol.

I appreciate your prayers as I continue adjusting to life back
in the States.  It matters. 

I really started missing my kids late last night (after bragging on myself not losing it at life group lol) and I grieved not being able to say goodbye to my kids at the school before I left.  They were on break the week prior and we just ran out of time doing everything else the following Monday.  By the time I was able to get to the school, they had already gone home.  It's hard not getting to say bye but perhaps getting to say bye would have been harder.  I did get to go on a home visit to one of my students during the break and when I brought up the truth of not being able to extend my visa, she started to cry. 

"Izosh," I told her (which means "be strong").

I miss them.  I miss doing handclaps with Habesha and Sudanese.  I miss their hugs and the high fives.  I miss nearly being pulled to the ground by our KG students as they were so welcoming and just wanted to give me a kiss on the cheek as I entered through the gate.  I miss watching children run to me as they saw me coming when I was on the street.  It really happened.  I'm so glad I was able to go and to fight for them, and the fight continues.  For those experiences, I am grateful. 

I love my family and friends who pray and put up with me as I go through these transitions in having more than one home.  Thanks for your love, your hugs, your patience and your attempts at understanding with me!         

No comments:

Post a Comment